Powered By Blogger

Saturday 17 March 2018

SEATON SANDS AND MIDDLETON BEACH HARTLEPOOL 17 MARCH 2018.

Well... arrived at the Beach eventually.
The day started with a mobile phone issue.
It hadn't charged overnight which left me the dilemma of do I go to the Beach  without being able to photograph and log / blog my visit?
 I couldn't do it!
I was up at 6-30am but with zero battery on my phone, I put it on charge.
Beach arrival time was around 8-40 am, with just 20% battery.Would that be enough?.....
The Beast from the East 2 was blowing away, still stripping the sand off the Beach and sending it on errands to the shops on the Sea Front.
The weather was changing in the blink of an eye from sleet/ hail, hitting you like frozen peas from an icy peashooter, to bright Sun and then back again before you had time to lower a hood or two.

All along the Coast things have been exposed by the Storms..
the above picture was taken about a quarter of the way along the dunes to North Gare distance.
I have no idea what it was and cannot recall seeing it before.
It seems an odd place for this type of corrugated piling construction.

The inside of a bottle base ?

Exercise on the Beach.

In between the horizontal missiles, the Sun.
Still bitterly cold.


... and all grey again, with back turned to the wind , eyes squinted and Dog in my arms to shelter it from the attack.
We eventually reached the car and headed for Middleton.

I came across this Photograph last night.
That's me with the bucket at Middleton Beach next to the old Jetty.  My Brother is on the Jetty, near his right knee is the fouy boatman's Cabin; this is where our Grandad was based.To the left of that is the iconic, but sadly long gone Banana Crane.

I had come with a warm drink and parked up on the Bank top with my phone now back in the RED zone....
The Sea looked spectacular!

I was shocked to see the scene as I reached the Beach; so much sand gone and ... pop my phone died...
I will return tomorrow for more photographs.
All of the higher wooden posts to the left are usually under the sand, as are the rocks, stones and shingle. The wooden posts in the distance are normally under the Sand also.

Recent finds on a found marble setting.

Just bits, nothing of any great interest, except to myself of course.
I may have news about today's visit, but more of that at another time if it works out.

BEACH BUOY.