Powered By Blogger

Saturday 23 September 2017

SEATON SANDS 23 SEPT 2017.

We were up at 6-15 and out not long after.
I took a coffee in my new thermal reusable cup and we sat with the car tailgate up, half pretending we had the camper van I  will never get. I have a hook for his reusable water bottle and one for a bannister brush to sweep the sand off my Beach Boots. I have a box of winter gloves,hats and spare hoodies should anyone join us, unprepared  for a chilly beach walk.I bought him his own towel and he has a cushion back there too.



I get up for work at 5-50 am.
The dog has a walk every morning.
The last few days the sky has been amazing, so today I was hopeful of a dramatic; on the horizon sunrise.
When we arrived on the actual Beach, after our make believe camper van break, a low band of cloud was shielding  the sea / sky horizon like a curtain at a stage show. Eventually the Star of the show showed it's face.

I am lucky enough to live a 3 minute drive / 10 minute walk from the Sea.
Seaton Carew is my Home now. As a child Middleton was always my beach of choice ; it was Dad's home beach and we went early every Saturday and Sunday morning, no  doubt reliving his youth and for me it was walking our black dog; Duke and me finding pieces of clay pipe, black bottle tops and coins that had being thrown at the Banjo Jetty by outbound superstitious seafarers, to the children; including my Father, shouting "Throw 'us a penny for luck Mister."

The last few years I have grabbed every minute of daylight possible. A slight change in work commitments has allowed me more Beach time and I have grabbed it with both hands; at times having a torch in both of those hands as I scoured the Beach in total darkness.

Here we have a Y.
On the internet I used it to state; This is Y I go to the Beach.
It will be a couple of fading Aeroplane  vapour trails, crossing and fading into the distance. It kind of shows how  I look at life when out on the Beach, it may be a stone or cloud with a face or a cloud  showing a letter or number. The Beach lets me be me; even for a short while.

Dog or dragging (Dragon.)? He does this when he is not happy. it may be that we have turned to head back too early for his liking or he has seen another Dog in the distance that he doesn't like the look of... as in this case.

This Morning's finds..... from a narrow strip of sand exposed by the receding high tide. I had checked the strand line 12 hours earlier; see previous blog post so was pleased to find a few pieces from just one tide tumble.

FOOTNOTE.
I have been a little more wordy than usual today.
I would write more but have little confidence in my writing capabilities as far as punctuation is concerned.
I went to a secondary modern school and looking back we were just factory fodder.
I had the chance to train as a photographer,thanks to a school teacher  but Dad said to " Get a proper trade... and then do what you like." I can't complain. I went into engineering as he did as a school leaver, I have done OK for myself.
I only have a few years left in my working life and am happy with my work; it's what I do and as with anything I try my very best and try to make Dad proud even though he died way back in 1982...............
So; sorry for the photo laden blog posts at times
or the odd punctuation mistake.
I try my best.
BEACH BUOY.