Powered By Blogger

Saturday 30 September 2017

A DAY AS ME ... VARIOUS BEACHES. 30 SEPT 2017.

The day started around 7-15am at Seaton Sands, Hartlepool.  A hat was worn partly due to the cold and partly to bed head.

The colours were pale and the air was fresh.

This piece caught my eye; not red sea glass as such but glass coloured red.

The Sun tried  to make a show.

A larger than usual shell for around here ... then a question as yet unanswered filled my head; Do the the marking show the shells age? A bit like growth rings on a tree.

A stunning bottle top just laid there waiting to be picked up!
How long as it sailed the seven seas?
It must have been off a very small bottle?  Perhaps a perfume bottle or expensive medicine in such a small bottle?

I said farewell to the Beach .... for now!

The Seaton Carew finds.

After a Hot Soak I went for the daughter's dog so that he could come for a day out too....
I had a Bun.

After a tip off of a new statue I headed for North Shields.

A new Beach to me down at North Shields.

Perhaps the same Beach
Divided by a a Pier type thing down near the Lifeboat Station.

The aforementioned Pier type thing.

The main reason of my visit; The new Fishermen's Memorial, for those lost to the Sea.
It was crowded with people and dogs. I was determined to get a photograph free of them. Unlike me, I mixed in with the locals and when an elderly lady (More elderly than me.) commented to her  companion that it wasn't there a Month ago, I chipped in to say it was unveiled last week and even got my phone out, to show her Tommy / 11-01 at Seaham by the same artist, she seemed touched when I told her the story of Tommy. Then I got talking to a man who said he was from the same village as the Artist. He went to stroke the dogs, I warned him my dog was a bit grumpy; he then then looked up and said "Speaking of Grumpy here's the wife." as a lady approached us.

My patience paid off; a fitting tribute,

Buoy oh buoy etc etc and an Ice cream Van.

A ship slipped past.

I went to the Ice Cream Van.
I asked for a Hard Cornet and a Flake.
The lady corrected me to say "You mean a Sugar Cone?"
I explained that I was from Hartlepool and we called them a Hard Cornet. She chipped into say "You will be wanting Monkey's blood too then!" she was right. We then engaged in a conversation about the Hartlepool Monkey Legend.
I enjoyed the chats I had today; made me feel normal.

Clouds over the Tyne threatened rain..... but not just yet.

I walked along to overlook the beach down at Tynemouth.
I had two drunks for company ; putting the world to rights with an empty bottle of red wine laid nearby.

Make that two drunks and a Seagull. Oh and some ladies from London, which drew the attention of the Drunks when the ladies  came over and said there was a doorbell to ring  on the cliffside overlooking the Beach below.

I cut across on the way back to the car to have a look at this building. 

I called into Seaham on the way back.
The rain arrived as I did!.

I waited with the help of a Scone and a Coffee from Tonia's at Seaham Hall Beach Car Park.

The rain hadn't stopped but had eased a little.
So we went to the Beach, after all we all had coats.(Me and 2 dogs.)

The rain started stopping!

The Sun and double rainbows came to visit.

I had headed towards Ryhope but stopped at the Stack as the tide was coming back in.

The Seaham finds; more Bottle tops than glass.
I had a Guinness to celebrate a grand day despite everything that goes on in my world.

In the end Italy won 2-1.
Be Happy.
Yes YOU !
BEACH BUOY.