Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 November 2016

SEATON SANDS 02-11-16 ...

It was around 9am.
The sun shone a lazy light across the Bay towards Saltburn.
Dog walkers spend time with their pets in the early morning light; a precious time indeed.

The light had brightened to a crisp light by the time I had investigated near the North Gare for finds. I stopped on the way back to try and do nature's picture justice with a camera on a mobile phone.

The dramatic waves tempted me to the water's edge to try to capture a good view of breaking waves.
The Sea was odd, as I walked towards the sea I was joined by water draining off the Beach at an alarming rate. It reminded me of the stories you hear before a Tsunami hits; it wasn't a Tsunami, just the outgoing tide fighting the waves rolling in from a strong and angry Sea, so before I knew it the water that was going out was coming in. I didn't attempt to outrun it as I had visions of tripping over the two dogs that I had with me. So there I was shin deep in surprisingly warm water with two dogs belly deep and more. :-)

Perhaps the picture above shows just how much the tide was rushing, if you note the wet area.

I was tempted back towards the Sea to get the photograph above.
Such an angry Sea on such a calm day.
The view is South towards the mouth of he River Tees.

Not loads of finds as the Sea had swapped shingle for sand.

#2minutebeachclean
All of the usual suspects but in a variety of colours.


BEACH BUOY.