Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 January 2018

NEW YEARS EVE 2017.SEATON SANDS AND NORTH GARE.

On the beach around 8-30 am.

The tide was well out.

I was fairly sure that these were Seal tracks, so I went to investigate behind the WW2 anti tank blocks.

A Seal Pup
I contacted BDMLR for advice and sent a photograph of the Seal.
Their website link is below.
CLICK HERE.

They decided to send a medic and I waited with the Seal, to guide the Medic to it and to keep dogs away from it.

It was a pleasure to be in it's company.
There was a course last year in Blyth to train to be a Medic, I was interested but didn't go through with.
Maybe this year?
The local Medic came, he had help from another Medic from North Shields who explained that they had not been too far away doing a beach clean.

There goes the Seal in the Bag for assessment, with the Two Medics.

I sat over on the riverside for a while.
two ships headed into Port.

The River looked stunning.

As I crossed over back onto the sand of North Gare Beach, I noticed around 15 people doing an organised beach clean.
I chatted to one of them for a short while.

As I crossed back onto Seaton Sands I came across this bottle top, not too far from where the Seal had been.

It was a bright and busy Beach on this New Year's Eve.

My #2minutebeachclean
Today's finds.

Later in the day l went back to the Beach to photograph the Sea Glass Balloon that l have made to hopefully highlight the dangers of balloon releases.

A BDLMR POSTER.

BEACH BUOY.