Powered By Blogger

Saturday 11 November 2017

SEATON SANDS, HARTLEPOOL AND THE BLUE LAGOON. 11 11 17.

This arrived Yesterday.
My constant collecting of Sea Pottery always make me wonder the story of each piece that I collect.
Was it from a Shipwreck or just a broken item thrown from a passing ship.
What was it?
Who held it last?

I arrived at the beach around 10 a.m.
The tide was going out, having turned a few hours earlier.
It was so bright but with a fresh chilly wind.

It wasn't 11 a.m. yet but I did take time to give thanks to all of the fallen. I am so fortunate  that I can indulge myself walking along the Beach, dreaming dreams and taking photographs.
Basically being FREE being ME  if only for a limited time.

I glanced back towards the Village to see the Sea.

Saw this fella climbing up a Sand Dune.
From a distance it look like tired Bee.
It is in fact a Common Sexton Beetle.
It may be called common but it is the first  that I have ever seen.

The tide was still quite high so I cut through the dunes on my way to the Blue Lagoon.

I took time out and sat on this Bench for a while.

Then it was over to the Blue Lagoon at the mouth of the River Tees.
It was a top coat warmer on this side of the North Gare Pier as it sheltered us from the chilly breeze.

Sea worn Shackle.
Now in Shed.

Ship coming into Port.

It's hard to resist the temptation to photograph this old Buoy each time I come here. Temptation won.

I don't usually locate many finds on the side of the Pier.
This old bottle top had a lovely sea worn finish

Cloud Bird and the Moon.

Time to head back to Seaton Carew and Hartlepool Bay.

Said my goodbyes to the Blue Lagoon.

Only a few finds.
REASONS.
1. Not much shingle today.
2. Tide still quite high.
3. Spent longer than usual admiring the Sky and Sea.
It pleased me as l left the Beach that the Church bells struck one and not the expected 12.
Time flies.
Life is short.
If you have something to say, then say it.


BEACH BUOY.