Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 October 2017

MIDDLETON BEACH, HARTLEPOOL. 07 OCT 2017.

This was THE Beach when I was a child / teenager, I came here most weekends with my Dad and our Dog, Duke.
At times there is hardly any Beach when the tide is high.
At times there is sand missing due to tides and winds; today was one of those days.

I ( And two dogs.) had planned to go away to a far off Beach today and only came to Middleton to have a cuppa and a bun and relive a few memories; both good and bad.
When I saw the Beach I knew that there was a good chance of finds, as so much sand was missing today.
The light was poor for photographs.
My motoG4 phone does a canny job usually.
When I arrived on the Beach there was a group of bait diggers over near Middleton Pier and Two Beachcombers.
I gave the Beachcombers space and headed to another part of the Beach, as I zig-zagged across the rocks and shingle; almost inevitably our paths crossed.
"Found anything good?" one of the ladies asked.
I showed them the bottle top pictured later in the Blog.
I asked if they made anything from their finds.
One of the ladies said she stacked them to make trees from sea glass. We talked a while and they left the Beach only to return later ; it is addictive!

Across Hartlepool Bay, with Saltburn in the distance.

Enough sand had gone to expose the Middleton Wreck.

I went up to where the Beachcombers were first spotted and found this top.
It is the first for me with a slot in the top.

Sea Pottery; i have a similar piece somewhere in the stash.

Tons of Sand has gone.
It comes and goes at the mercy of the Sea.

Even at low tide a ship slips out of Hartlepool as a Man and Dog walk alongside.

The tide was so far out I passed the end of the jetty to take this photograph.

The Buoy looked almost close enough to touch.

Middleton.
I served my Engineering Apprenticeship up on this bank top

Too round to be a stone but half as big again as a usual Marble / Alley.

I had wondered which POOL this was from, but now realise the letters above show WEST HARTLEPOOL.
West Hartlepool ceased to exist 50 years ago when the town was amalgamated with Hartlepool, back in 1967.
Hartlepools United became Hartlepool FC and now is Hartlepool United.

Was pleased to find a Sea alley.

This Beach near the lifeboat station was very different years ago.
I had a look for old times sake.

When we got back, they had chosen a box and spare tyre ( With my coats on top.) to sit on rather than a cushion and a towel!

The finds.... a crab popped out too.

I had some sand in a jar... yes I know!
So I made Pattie the Crab a temporary home.

I went to Newburn Bridge to release Pattie.
As I let Pattie scuttle under a rock;  the dry sand from the tub scattered. To anyone on the prom it would have looked like  I was scattering someone's ashes!

BEACH BUOY.