Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 December 2017

SEATON SANDS AND MIDDLETON BEACH. 03 DECEMBER 2017.

Arrived around 8 am.
It was almost low tide.
It was a lovely morning.
The car informed me that it was almost 10 degrees, that is 6 more than yesterday and at least 10 more than during the past week.
It turned out to be a lovely day.
Ahead of me I could see the tell tale darkness of shingle on the Beach.
As I have blogged many times before, the shingle always gives hope of finds.

The shingle on the beach only gave a few little pottery finds but a stream of shingle weaved it's way through the rocks that lead to North Gare Pier. I followed the difficult route that the shingle took through the rocks and was rewarded with this large globe of Sea glass.

As I approached the WW2 defence blocks alongside the Pier this slightly battered sea alley came in to view.

The glorious weather and the low tide tempted me over to the south side of the Pier.
A bait digger makes use of access to the riverside beach to collect worms.

We went almost to the end of the Pier to take a Seal's eye view of the curved  section.

On the way back a five stones piece was just laying ahead of us on the sand.
A short walk away was a tangle of net and ropes; too heavy for me to move,I have reported it to Teesmouth NNR and they say that they will look as soon as they can. They have come up trumps in the past.

If you wish to download a booklet on Teesmouth NNR 
then the link below should do that for you.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE BOOKLET 
THEN DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK.
THANKS
downloadable booklet on Teesmouth NNR


It was back to Sunny Seaton Carew.

Three Horses galloped by.

A horse being taken for a paddle made it know that it wanted to join the others.

It was fantastic to actually fell the heat of the Sun on your face, by the Sea and in December too.
On a downside the flytippers had been back on the bank top!
I have informed Hartlepool Borough Council and thankfully they had cleared the last dump.
As I left the Beach and clambered up the bank I saw a very out of place couple walking towards the slope.
I said "Good Morning." it turns out the they were in town for a wedding yesterday. They informed me that they were staying at the Premier Inn over on the Marina and they had come to the bank top  to see if they could walk to get to St. Hilda's Church on the Headland. I let them know it was a no go and gave them directions to get there by car. I had to apologise for the array of rubbish on the bank top ; a fridge, doors, a Christmas tree with lights entangled in it and much more household trash.

The weather was so nice I sat in the garden and sorted out recent finds.
Here is yesterdays.


#2minutebeachclean

Today's finds.

Salvaged form the weekend's Beach cleans.
BEACH BUOY.