Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 3 August 2016

02 AUGUST 2016 SEATON SANDS AND THE FOUR TOPS.

There was hint of mist and the threat of rain at Seaton Carew tonight.
When I got out of the car I was surprised by how mild it was .
It has been a rough sea for the time of year, so I was hopeful of some finds being washed up.

A ship as big as a block of flats slips out of the River Tees; possibly a car transporter?

The strand line weaves up and down the beach lately thanks to the sculptured sands. The dog and I followed the weave and found this; shown above. Sadly it is broken but it's a lovely colour and... a bottle top's a bottle top.

I was about to turn back but I spotted some fresh shingle amongst some rocks. I went to investigate and jackpot!
The one above could be wood and its drying out as I write and its looking that way.

The one above was in the same area.

When I did head back I chose the rocky route, rather than going straight to the sandy beach and found the top shown above... That made it four for the night.

Finds of the night.

2minutebeachclean.



BEACH BOUY....