Powered By Blogger

Sunday 9 January 2011

Near and far away.

Apologies to those who don't know the Father Ted TV show and the
near and far away scene.
The seaglass wood thing, is small but the boat is far away.
My father would carve cobles from solid wood,the one in the photograph is the one he kindly made for me.
He had a cabin at Middleton with a view of the sea, where he would do some of the work.
Sometimes people would pass and ask to pay for one to be made.
He wouldn't sell them.
But if someone came by and seemed to appreciate the craftsmanship,I have known him to say "I'll make you one."
In comparison my feeble attempt at a sea glass thingy was made today.The sea glass colour isn't showing up very well in the photograph.
At least I got to put a photograph of one of Dad's boats on the Blog.
BEACH BUOY.