Powered By Blogger

Sunday 5 September 2010

SEA GLASS

A while back I went to Seaham Beach.
I went there as a child once, one night with my Father.
My Father had just bought his one and only new car.
Many years later I returned for a mooch. On the beach I found small pieces of smooth glass.I have since found out this is called sea glass.
I now find myself looking for it on any beach. The piece above was found on Seaton Carew beach...it has the letters ME visable..so maybe a collectors item? Personal sea glass.
The sea glass at Seaham has been worn by the sea and stones and this seems to give the majority of the pieces their round ,circular shape whereas the Seaton Carew glass has been worn by Sea and sand which seems more gentle and many of the pieces are triangular broken shards with smooth edges.
The piece below is a Seaton find.

Below... one hour or so on Seaton turned up this sea glass
.

The following three photographs show the finds from Seaham Beach
after a couple of hours scrapping around.
Please Note the shapes of the glass.














BEACH BUOY.